Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

my 2006 posche cayenne 3,2 is stalling.

Customer Question

my 2006 posche cayenne 3,2 is stalling. After that it is working normally. It stalls less or nothing when it has full tank. I checked the pumps (pulled the fusses 13 and 14) and they are working. My service doesnt know what is wrong. I have gas installed. So the car starts on feul and than it swithes to gas. So the most driving i do on gas. But the problem is becouse it always starts on petrol.

Category: UK Car
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i am ok with waiting,i hope it wont be lasting too long,

best regards,
Milos
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
Hello

does it only stall on gas / LPG?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it stalls only when starting when it starts it works fine. it always starts on gas and it switches to lpg later when it is warmer. so my answer is it stalls only on gas.
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
Hello

this could be incorrect fuelling due to a faulty water temp sensor. If this is the problem then the ECU may not be controlling the fuelling as the engine warms - so unplug the sensor and clean the contacts on both sides with some switch / electrical cleaner ( not WD40) and inspect the wiring for any signs of damage to the insulation especially where it runs over other components and through the bulkhead- if this doesn't help consider replacing the sensor as they're not expensive