Cardoctor74
Cardoctor74, ASE Master technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician
3827149

dodge nitro 2.8: air noises on driver side when accelerating???

air noises on driver side when accelerating??? I replaced the original (broken) intercooler hose with hard pipe. The noises can be from hard pipe (original hose was flexible)?
Thanks!
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Cardoctor74 replied 3 years ago.
Hi Im Tom and Im here to assist you with your issue today.Was there any difference when changing the pipe?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tom, I have had to replace the hose because I need the car now and, I couldn't find a new one (original). I tested the car just now and because the new pipe is made by 3 elbows connected in between with plastic pipe 2" there are a few air leaks. Could you tell me please if there is a hard pipe and not the original hose, can be a problem?? Can you help me to order the original hose- here in Romania I cannot find it?
Many thanks,
Mihai
Ok yes the issue is you do need the original hose .Have you tried the local salvage yard to get the correct hose?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The dealer are all in holiday(Easter) till Wednesday. I found out that the european version of hose is italian made and it is poor quality, I will prefer to install a used one but good quality. I didn't find it on amazon uk. Do you know any places in europe where I can find the hose to be delivered shortly to Romania?
Is there any posibility the install a propper hard pipe(stainls steel) with silicon connections at the ends?
Yes that sis possible and can be bent by an auto parts store if needed .You can get this from a salvage yard if needed .So you a hard pipe stainless steel with silicone connections at the end.I would start here next and will post any link that will help here if I come across it that will help .These are the next steps.Please remember Im here if you need any further assistance for anything at all just let me know it will be for no further charge.Please rate excellent service thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Finaly, in state of original hose (which expands when accelerating) can be installed a hard pipe and there is not any problem?
Correct you can install a hard pipe and it will still operate fine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just want to avoid any confusion, in the picture attached is indicated the damaged hose of intercooler which nas to be replaced with the hard pipe.

Yes correct that can be replaced with a hard pipe just make sure its a little larger of a diameter of the broken hose.These are the next steps.Please remember Im here if you need any further assistance for anything at all just let me know it will be for no further charge.Please rate excellent service thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the existing diameter of the hose is 2inches, so 2.5 or 3 inches will be recommended as a little larger? I will consider this solution just temporary and later on I have to install the original one to avoid any damages on the car?

2.5 will be fine.No this will not damage the vehicle until you get the correct hose.I hoped this helped.Please remember Im here if you need any further assistance for anything at all just let me know it will be for no further charge.Please rate excellent service thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Cardoctor74, ASE Master technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician