Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

corsa bakkie: i have a 1998 corsa bakkie ,i have replace the

Customer Question

i have a 1998 corsa bakkie ,i have replace the barrel of the ignition, at times the bakkie start and some time not.what i pick up is the engine control indicator light up for 5seconds and starts flashing then it start the engine.but on some occasion the engine contol indicator stays on and the engin starts what cn the be? thank you
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Did you check for malfunction codes .

You will need a code reader or have the codes checked at a local garage then post them here for me to check for you .

This issue i have seen before and was the problem with the ECU , this is a plug in and play system if you have the chance to try one then this could make it easier for you and cheaper if this is the problem .unless you know someone with a code reader .

Also a known problem is the electrical part of the ignition behind the key barrel .

Have this checked and replaced if needed.

Please get back to me if you have already tried these option to what may be your problem.

Use the reply box below to get back to me .

Kindest regards Greg