Pete , Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

C220 CDI Sport: Hi, I have a Mercedes W204 C220cdi 2008. The

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Mercedes W204 C220cdi 2008.
The ESP triangle lights up with the message ESP CURRANTLY UNAVAILABLE when travelling at speed can you help
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
My name is Pete and I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

In some causes it can be common for the steering angle position sensor to fail internally and may be intermittent like this here.I have had to replace several of these before for this type of fault.

If the fault codes were not checked specifically in the ESP control unit or all computers this should be done and is best done with either a dealers sds machine or a scan tool that has the capabilities of reading codes from all computers on this vehicle.

It is difficult to pinpoint the exact fault from here but this sensor can be fairly common as I have replaced several before.

Let me know if you need anything else here.

Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete