Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

Zafira club: I have an 03 plate zafira and the imobiliser has

I have an 03 plate zafira and the imobiliser has come on.lights and power to car but won't turn over or anything. Any solutions please

1st thing to try is a new key fob battery

if that doesn't help then charge up or replace the main car battery and ensure that the main battery connections are bright and clean and done up tight

do the same for the engine earth strap

also check the condition of the main power fuses in the under bonnet fuse box unplug each in turn and ensure the contacts are clean and bright and the elements aren't cracked
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi matt have tried the fuses earlier and all seem ok.have got an almost fully charged battery as all the lights and other stuff works fine and battery is showing a good charge on a meter.
Battery terminals are clean and tidy as its a recently new battery but unsure of the earth strap location or condition.i think it's an imobiliser issue as when I turn the key nothing happens at all not even a click off the starting motor.Any more help much appreciated thx.
Hello Darren

if the dash lights come on as normal then its not immobilsed

however if the dash is all dark or goes dark when try to start then yes its a immobiliser issue and sorry to say the best course of action is to get a car security firm or a dealership involved as due to the nature of the issue its not something that can be bypassed on a DIY basis