Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.

Nissan Cefiro Excimo: My Nissan Cefiro Excimo (2001) has low

Customer Question

My Nissan Cefiro Excimo (2001) has low power. I live on a hill, and I can't drive up the hill unless I am in first gear. It also won't start on the first crank, but almost invariably starts on the second. I've had it 6 months, changed all 6 coils to genuine Nissan. What's the problem?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'll give it another day or two. It's a very frustrating situation, but.......let's see what you can come up with

Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Let me lay it out as completely as I can. I bought the car October 2012. Its a 2001 Nissan Cefiro Excimo, 2 litre 6 cylinder automatic. I hear that the Maxima shares that engine. From the beginning, it was sluggish, although it wasn't noticeable EXCEPT when trying to climb a steep hill, such as the one I live on. In February it started to throttle roughly and I started smelling gas. My mechanic figured the injectors were bad, so we changed those for a set of used ones which he thought were good. The rough running settled down, but the lack of power persisted. I changed the 6 coils and plugs with new, genuine Nissan ones, but that has had little or no effect. I'm close to getting rid of it out of frustration, even though there is a lot to like with it.

Expert:  Cardoctor74 replied 3 years ago.
Hi im Tom and Im here to assist you with your issue today .Has the vehicle been checked for any exhaust restrictions like a clogged catalytic converter or a failing mass air flow sensor.Also is the engine light on?