Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD (120 bhp): Im in the middle of replacing

Customer Question

I'm in the middle of replacing my timing belt on my Saab 9-3 1.9 diesel estate 2007. New water pump is on, new tensioner and new belt. I was careful not to move camshaft and crankshaft when putting on new belt, but I can't rotate the engine by hand more than about half a turn which means to me that things are out of sync. How can I correct this?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I'm not prepared to wait. Will apply for a refund. Thanks, Joe