Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

Ibiza: I have a 2003 seat ibiza 1.2 12v and when i started

Customer Question

I have a 2003 seat ibiza 1.2 12v and when i started it up this morning to go to work it sounded really rough and my car was shaking a little bit, my engine managment light came on and car has very little power i dont understand what had happened because when i got home last night everything was fine
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Good to know the check engine light has come on when the engine is running ,as this will make it simpler to diagnose what may be making your car run like this .

When the check engine light comes ON when the engine is running,then this is an indication to you that the car management system has encountered a malfunction within the system.

In your case the engine is running uneven making the car shake,

This could be anything from the ignition system,(spark plugs ,coils ,)
or the fuel delivery system (fuel pump ,filter ,injectors) .

If the car has not had any tune up done on the engine for quite some time (2years) then i suggest you start here, as you may have bad plugs coils ect ,

but of cause have the management system checked for codes, which will let you know what area or system is giving you the problem .

Tech checking for codes

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Your local shop should be able to help you will checking for codes and then advise what has to be done , or you could get back to me with the codes so i can assist with this for you.

This may only be a little issue that you have so have the codes read first ,this will let you know what is happening .

If you need to get back to me for further assistance then please do so with the reply box below .

Rgds Greg