Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Toyota Estima Hybrid 2010 japan Market version (chassis no

Toyota Estima Hybrid 2010 japan Market version (chassis no AHR20W-705*) - How to switch sat nav and computer language from Japan to English
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No rush, I'm happy to wait a bit longer, say up to one week.

Thanks,

Slawek

Expert:  Walt-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Josie, you seem missing my previous answer to this (the same) question. I am keen to wait for the answer for up to one week.

Slawek

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. I am not missing your earlier replies, we try to provide updates on a regular basis. Your question is marked high priority and is open to all professionals. We will be in touch with you shortly.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE...

Im afraid with this - I am not aware, and I have checked in the data base too that we have, of any way that you can do that Im sorry to say.

The only way -and in fact , as people do, is to have the units changed for an English one - or type. It would be a case of searching on the net or via dealers for people that can actually help you in that regard - but Im afraid thats the case with this one ....

Im sorry thats likely not what you wanted to hear, but that seems to be the case with this -

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

>> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike,

Yes, that's not exactly what I wanted to hear :(

I don't have this car yet - just trying to estimate what I have to do and for how much to make it a bit more european user friendly.

The screenshots from the Estima Hybrid unit I've seen resemble screens from my Lexus RX Hybrid unit. Same or very similar graphics, icons, familiar touch-screen controls placement - just most of the texts are in Japanise. Hence I thought it is possible to switch Estima's units to other than Japan language - just like in Lexus I can select from few european languages.

Are you able to provide me with some English replacement units manufacturers reference ? And perhaps a few product numbers of different types of original Estima Hybrid unit's, and manufacturers of these?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi again..

Thank you for your reply.

I understand yes - I know where you are coming from.

Unfortunately though, I dont have that sort of info here - it would be a case of doing some research - on the likes of google etc maybe .or, an import specialist may be able to help you on that too - it would be worth looking up one of these as they likely have contacts for such work.... and they could give you prices etc and suppliers...

Im sorry I cant help you in that dept - that would be the best advise I could suggest there -

Best Rgds- MIKE.

Please do click on the OK ~ Excellent ratings service for me now at this point, as that is how Im credited for helping you -- Thank you..

NB - you can get back to me anytime if you need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all.

Thank you..

Best Rgds - MIKE.

Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.