promerc
promerc , UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  mercedes diagnostic technician
13433296

Sprinter: 2003 sprinter 208 cdi wont start but cranking. Fuel

Customer Question

2003 sprinter 208 cdi wont start but cranking. Fuel rail pressure while cranking around 300 bars, crank and cam sensors changed, timing checked, new Hengst fuel filter, new low pressure fuel lines fitted, no air in the system, one brand new injector, one re-con bought from trusted place, other two tested and all fine. Fully diagnosed on Star Machine. Fault codes stored in ECM P1354. Any clues?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I am happy to wait for an answer
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Expert:  promerc replied 3 years ago.
welcome to just answer ,
I will do my best to try and help you through your problem , firstly I have seen this fault code before and isn't always the cause of the problem and is usually a consequence of something else , because you have good fuel pressure it dosent sound like a high pressure pump fault of a pressure regulator issue , have you checked each injector wiring plug and wires for good voltage and that the connectors are in the plug securely , if you have a plug not fitted correctly none of the injectors will open for starting , if this is all ok follow the engine harness back and take a good look at the point where it goes over the engine mount as they are prone for rubbing through , if this is ok under the dash at the passenger side you should find the CDI control unit remove the plugs and inspect the terminals for corrosion , if there is try cleaning with a suitable electrical cleaner , try these things and let me know