Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Honda Civic: I have a 2009 Honda Civic which battery went dead

I have a 2009 Honda Civic which battery went dead and I had the local auto store install a new one. Right after that it started to idle low, and erratic. What could the problem be now?
Hello and Welcome to justanswer... Car.

What has happened here is because the battery has gone low / died and been disconnected, the engine management Ecu - computer, loses its "adaptation" settings - the same for the fuel throttle body.

Basically all you need to do is take the vehicle for a good run - a "normal" drive run around town - as you would normally - so that as you drive, the ecu etc " re learns" the adaption settings etc... and then after aXXXXXor so , all will be well again.

You can have this done with plug in diagnostic equipment at a suitably equipped garage but all that should be necessary is as above to sort this out for you. It is a common issue this that is cured - reset as above.

Let me now if you need anything else -

>> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.