Mike , UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Honda Civic: I have a 2009 Honda Civic which battery went dead

I have a 2009 Honda Civic which battery went dead and I had the local auto store install a new one. Right after that it started to idle low, and erratic. What could the problem be now?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer... Car.

What has happened here is because the battery has gone low / died and been disconnected, the engine management Ecu - computer, loses its "adaptation" settings - the same for the fuel throttle body.

Basically all you need to do is take the vehicle for a good run - a "normal" drive run around town - as you would normally - so that as you drive, the ecu etc " re learns" the adaption settings etc... and then after aXXXXXor so , all will be well again.

You can have this done with plug in diagnostic equipment at a suitably equipped garage but all that should be necessary is as above to sort this out for you. It is a common issue this that is cured - reset as above.

Let me now if you need anything else -

>> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.