Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Chrysler Grand Voyager SE: Chrysley 2001 Grand Voyager.passenger

Customer Question

Chrysley 2001 Grand Voyager.passenger side SLIDING door will not open or close with fob.I have the panel removed and the central locking moves to make sure the door is not locked but the power latch is and drive motor is dead.I have removed the wireing under the door and all looks good with no braoken or damaged wires.Checked and 12v feed and good earth to control unit.swopped left to right control units and no difference,fitted (used)latch assembley I would have fitted new but 10 days from Italy.Carried out bosch kts test on central body unit and showing faults 13 communication with sliding door control unit missing message and 41 left sliding door lock switch input open.codes will not clear.I can communiate with right rear sliding door control unit but not left control unit.Re checked door wireing but I dont have a wireing diagram to see if I am missing any other feeds,earth etc Help Please.The Lady who owns this is disabled and its fully loaded with ramps ect and she is know stuck at home.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes thats fine to wait I will not be avalable til Tuesday,look forward to you response next week,Regards Martin

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE - Im sorry to see you have had a wait on your question.

It is common to get three issues with these - bad wiring / connections - bad / failed motor - bad / failed control unit.

So of course the wiring / connections etc need checking but Im sure you have done that already -

You may find you will need Chrysler equipment on this after that - I only say that because while the KTS will do the comms etc , it wont necessarily ID if the units are faulty ... Though you may be able to narrow that down between the two with swapping etc... If that then is ruled out - the control unit is the usual issue to be honest - but I would then before purchase / spending - have it checked with Chrysler equipment as above - it would be worth it even though it grates I know but could save you heartache / expense..... Let me know how you get on - Im sorry these is no quick /easy known fix to this other than what I have mentioned.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

>> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.