Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.

Mazda 6: I own a 2010 Mazda 6 and my car alarm went off twice

I own a 2010 Mazda 6 and my car alarm went off twice last night without anyone around. All doors and trunk were locked securely and there are no signs of tampering. Please advise what the issue could be.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name isXXXXX happy to help you with this issue -

By far the most common fault , that causes this on these models is either failure or faulty door lock / switch on one of the doors - usually the drivers door but can be any of the opening parts - doors / trunk / bonnet.

They will "look" ok - and the doors etc will be closed ok - especially on this year of Mazda - its the wiring / switch inside the door where you cant see thats the issue.

The problem here is that it can take literally hours to trace this down on a DIY basis as it means stripping and checking each door etc -

By far the best way - quickest and most cost effective , is tr have the system "scanned " with Mazda diagnostic equipment -

These vehicles are equipped with a fault log "memory" in the alarm system computer control module that stores the data in the computer - showing what part of the system is at fault - as above.

Any local Mazda dealer can do this test for you - it doesn't take long at all to do and will soon find the cause of the alarm sounding off - and then of course it can be fixed.

It is a common issue with these but has different causes- so doing as above will tell you exactly what door latch / switch / circuit is at fault causing the alarm to trigger.

Too, Mazda have brought out updated parts for the door latch to resolve this issue that you have so the new type part would be fitted to cure it altogether.

Meantime, you can remove the alarm horn fuse to stop the "noise" - until you get it looked at / sorted as above ..

Let me now if you need anything else -

>> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.