Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

Audi avant 1,8t: hello i need help to unlock my car stereo

Customer Question

hello i need help to unlock my car stereo in my audi a6 2002 but I dont have the code WHAT SHOULD A DO?

The ser is AUZ2Z3B1568052
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Hi this is not that bad a problem as Audi are good to there customers they will give you the code free of charge .

But first check in your owners hand book as in most cases you will fine the code there on a sticker on the first inside cover of the book.

Turn on radio.

The radio display shows "SAFE".

Press the P.Scan and RBDS buttons simultaneously and hold until "1000" shows on the display.

Release the buttons.

Do NOT press these buttons again, otherwise the radio will consider "1000" to be the code.

Use Preset buttons 1 to 4 to enter the four-digit code number from your radio card.

Preset button 1 corresponds to the first digit,

Preset button 2 corresponds to the second digit, etc.

Each press of the button increments the number by 1.

Once the code shown on the display is correct, press the P.Scan and RBDS buttons simultaneously and hold until the word "SAFE" appears in the display, then release the buttons.

The radio should unlock and be usable shortly afterwords.

If an incorrect code is entered, the word "SAFE" appears, first flashing and then continuously.

You can repeat the above steps to unlock the radio once more, the number of attempts will be shown in the display.

If an incorrect code is entered again, you radio will be locked for about one hour.

After one hour - the radio must stay on and the key must remain in the ignition lock - if the display goes out, then you can repeat the above procedure to unlock again.

The cycle - two attempts, one hour lock-up - still applies.

Need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply box below .

Rgds Greg

.