Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician
Experience:  fully qualified ford senior technician. ata registerd. svq level 3 .12 years experience
17855046

RA-AMM

Customer Question

Hi. I have a ford focus 2012 with base audio and it is without sync. I am trying to upgrade my audio with Sony 8'' My Ford Touch with sync, navigation and satellite. I changed my steering wheel with the one with sync buttons and I bought a sony head unit from e-bay. My car has only one plug which is 24-pin but sony have three plugs which are 24-pin, 26-pin and 54-pin plugs. I do not know how I will make the wire connections and I could not make the screen of sony work. Can you help me about that? Thanks..
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 3 years ago.
Hi there ,good afternoon to you

Ok you cannot retro fit ford Bluetooth/sat nav or more importantly SYNC. To any ford vehicle
These are factory fitted options ONLY

it has been tried by several customers who have all been unsuccessful
They have changed looms /audio units Bluetooth modules and still were unsuccessful

The reason is due to the complexity of the wiring and communications set up Of the vehicles modules
It isn't as simple as older vehicles where by you can manually wire radios /etc

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know 
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice 
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER 
Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX and have a nice day

Brian

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There has been nearly one day to answer my question and I did not ask my question a UK car I asked my question to US technician because it is a US based issue. Anymore I know it is hard but not impossible I am asking to you how I will make the wiring connections and I need the wiring diagram and you are saying the wiring is very complex. What a wonderful help. Thanks. And please close the issue and I will contact a US technician.