Billy
Billy , Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer - master tech., SAE member
30385560

Spider: I am in process to bay a 1987 Alfa Romeo Spider. Wath

I am in process to bay a 1987 Alfa Romeo Spider. Wath I have to look for not have troble late? Thank you for your help.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Billy replied 3 years ago.

Billy :

Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.

Billy :

MY apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.

Billy :

Does it have the fuel injection engine, or the carburettor? (is it the spider veloce or spider i.e., or spider)?

Customer:

As the bosh fuel injection. It is a Spider

Customer:

the car come from Texas

Billy :

ok... so we have the bosch fuel injection (L-jetronic), and CIS ignition (both very reliable).

Billy :

You should check the vehicle for rust, around the roof, and behind the wheel arches... if you have rust there, it will cost you some body work and repair...

Billy :

then check the engine bay for cleanliness, leaky oil, coolant or any leaky air tubes.

Billy :

Then, turn the engine on, it should fire instantly, listen for any odd noises in engine bay while waiting for it to warm up (any rattles, knocking etc...),

Billy :

Then have someone depress the accelerator a few times, and check for any oil vapors at exhaust.

Billy :

And open the oil cap, check the oil, level, and look inside the oil cap, you should see shiny engine parts, and not sludge and black mudd.

Billy :

If these check out, drive the vehicle a bit, check the braking power, the acceleration (any lags while accelerating), and gear changes.... and listen for any odd noises (loud humming from the transmission or differential).

Billy :

IF you have any suspension knocks, that should be relatively easy and cheap to fix (shocks, ball joints etc...)

Billy :

Get back to me having tested it, with more details, or if further info is needed.

Billy :

Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more info...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Expert:  Billy replied 3 years ago.
Hello Angelo!

Hope all is well...

Just checking if you checked the Spider, and was it good enough. Get back to me whenever you need additional assistance or technical details.

Regards,
Billy