Enes, Volvo Technician
Experience:  15 Years Volvo Master Mechanic

Volvo C30 DrivE: HiI left the side lights on on my C30

Customer Question

I left the side lights on on my C30 by mistake and the battery went flat.

As expected with a flat battery nothing worked. So I got the road side recovery people out and using the key blade got into the car and opened the bonnet.

The mechanic used one of those handheld jump start items and the car started first time. But i had a strange message "Alarm Service Required".

I then drove it for about an hour and a half down the motor way. When I got home I still had the message on the dash. Getting out of the car I tried to lock it using the key remote but nothing happened. I tried with my wifes key but still no response from either key and the remote entry system doesn't work.

I now have to lock the car using the key blade and there is no alarm.

Please help me!
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need.alarm warning on display indicates problem with alarm system than can be most the time to bad siren module but you need to re confirm and reset with scanner light will not turn off until is reset or repaired and most the time is like I say siren module on that model