Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

BMW 120i: error bmw 120 ( A116 ) ELETRONIC STEERING LOCK CRITICAL

Customer Question

error bmw 120 ( A116 ) ELETRONIC STEERING LOCK CRITICAL STATUS
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE, Im happy to help you with this -

Have you had the system reset with equipment ?

What / which make / type of equipment are you using?

Rgds, MIKE....................................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes I used two types of equipment: snapoon solus and bavaria technic
I did the procedure to erase the errors and nothing happened

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Carlos -

Thank you for your reply...

Is the light - the fault light that is on, is it yellow -or red ?

Rgds, MIKE...............................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

red

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

NO RESPONSE?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

Thank you for your reply - I apologise for the delay, Im afraid severe weather had caused connection problems so Im sorry about that.

Now to me, the in the image, the light looks red - but I may not be right - it would be better, saved time if you could have just told me whether its yellow or red as asked -... I dont want to make a mistake because of image quality..it is important -

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

red ! thank´s

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Carlos -

Please bear with me a little - I will get back to you asap - a bit later on - I need to pull the info on that for you.

Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok !

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Carlos -

Have you had an Ecu software update done, since / after the renewal of the unit?

Rgds, MIKE...................................

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not only erased those mistakes with my diagnosis!

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Carlos -

Im sorry I do not mean that - When the light is on Red, and you have replaced the unit etc - you need to have the system done with BMW equipment for software update -

Have you had that done or no?

Kind Rgds, MIKE..................................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no, I think I'll send the car in for service! My diagnosis does not have this feature!

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Carlos -

Yes , that is what I am referring too -

If the light was yellow, that would be different - as you have it Red - as I mentioned above - it has to have a software update done to accommodate the new unit you have fitted - this has to be done with BMW equipment....

So that is the way forward on this one now Carlos to get this sorted out for you now. I hope all goes good for you ..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

...... Please do click on one of the OK~ Excellent service ratings for now please - as that is how I am credited for helping you... Thank you for that ....and you are Welcome back anytime..

Rgds - MIKE..