Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

Peugeot 206: 2001 Peugeot 206 1.4 petrol 8v- Misfire problem. My

2001 Peugeot 206 1.4 petrol 8v- Misfire problem.
My 206 has a bad misfire/running on 3 cylinders and the idle speed drops to 500rpm then rises to 1200rpm for a few seconds until it stabilises every time i press the clutch in ie. coming up to a junction. The misfire is mostly when under a load. Greater the load, stronger the misfire.
I have replaced the fuel and air filters, spark plugs, HT coil pack, cleaned all sensor conections, used injector cleaner, even removed the fuel injectors and tested all about 20ohms. All injectors give a good strong squirt of petrol when temporary connected.
Good compresion (160 PSI in all cylinders).
Any ideas?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi.

What malfunction codes did you have ,

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not had chance to get the code read yet. I just hoped I could get it sorted without knowing the code as, due to the issues, it would probably just come up with an "engine misfire" code.
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Kevin

Also may come up with a cam or crankshaft sensor code O2 sensor .
And when you have the misfire code then you will know which cylinder is missing which will cut down the diagnostic checks by less than half.

These engines are known to be sensitive with bad O2 sensors malfunctioning .

Greg.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your advice, so basically I need to get the codes read before it can be sorted out. Just one more question, what should I expect to pay to have code read, also do I need to take it to peugeot, or will any garage do?

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Kevin

See if your local garage has the scann tool for your car, if so then no problem .
but most shops nowadays are fully equipped to check most cars on the road.

If the garage reads the codes he will be able to assist you and explain what has to be done or you can get back to me for further assistance .

Please rate my help a 3 to 5. " If you are not satisfied please don't rate."
We can continue to work or I can opt out .
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting .
If I don't reply soon I will as quick as I can as we may be on different time zones

Rgds Greg.