Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

ra - hl

Customer Question

vw passat fuel lifter pump has no power to it
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

My name is MIKE, Im happy to help you with this -

First I need to have the cars Full reg number please -

Also... please tell me all that you have done / tried etc - the more you can tell me, the better I can help you -

Kind Rgds, MIKE.................................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry Mike but need you to be online at uk time. Hi need to talk online to a mechanic please can you put my question to other mechanics if you can't be online? Plus question is updated vw passat v6 cdi fitted a lifter pump in tank and now there is no power to the fuel pump. no power to the fuse 28, which I believe get the power from the relay No 4 which is the fuel pump relay. I need to know where the fuel pump relay get its supply and what activates it or what switches it.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Maria,

Thank you for your reply -

Im afraid things have been ultra busy for everyone the last day or two as you can likely imagine so I apologise for the delay - but I am in the UK - your question is listed on justanswer UK Car .

I dont know what is any, progress you have made with the car -

If you do still need help - please give me the cars Full reg - I asked for that before and you haven't given it - but it helps in that I can access the wiring diagrams for that car... and then we can progress as needed-

Kind Rgds, MIKE...........................

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike car reg:

hd03uhp 2.5 v6 diesel
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello again Maria -

Thank you for your reply and info as asked for above. My aplogies for the delay in my reply with the xmas break etc..

Just a note, I see you had a Duplicate question you opened on the same subject. Duplicates are not allowed and that shouldn't have been replied to / answered but you were not to know that.

In response to your question / problem above, the relay that was pointed out to you in the duplicate, is the one for the pump etc - but further - if you are finding as you have pointed out that by manually operating the contacts, the pump then runs, that is usually indicative of the fact that the relay itself is not being powered - and that means either a broken / damaged wire on the circuit - or, and is usual, a fault with the connections to the main Ecu ( engine management computer) or it itself having developed a fault. ( To be clear then, In strict answer to your question as above - its the Ecu that switches / activates that relay. )

This assumes there are no immobilser issues or any such like - but that would be the case here then and what needs checking / that circuit.

By all means get back to me if you need anything further on this , please stick with this as the "original" question...

Kind Rgds, MIKE.