Marty
Marty , European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

RA-JM

Customer Question

I have been experiencing starting problems with my Kia Rio 1.5crdi resulting 2 days ago in calling out recovery and taking car to garage for diagnostics.

This showed up fault Code : P1693 WIRING, IGNITION KEY NOT MATCHED/DAMAGED, IMMOBILISER READ COIL, IMMOBILISER CONTROL MODULE, ECM.

I have tried my spare key and it seemed to solve problem but have today experienced the same problem.

The garage cleared thye fault code down and ECU reset.

It has been suggested that the only remedy would be replacement of immobiliser at huge cost. Would you agree or suggest other options.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  kwiggins29059 replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer! Could you tell me what year your RIO is? I need this to pull up the proper troubleshooting flow chart. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The car is a 2005 model. I am in the UK

Thank you for that information. I am going to send this to our UK car experts as I only have access to information for the US models. Some one should be along to assist you shortly.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks

Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please continue to find me help. Thankyou

Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!