Robert
Robert, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

TOOK MY CHEVROLET MATIZ TO DEALER FOR BRAKE RECALL YESTERDAY.AFTER

TOOK MY CHEVROLET MATIZ TO DEALER FOR BRAKE RECALL YESTERDAY.
AFTER I PICKED IT UP .AFTER ABOUT 3 MILES ABS WARNING LIGHT CAME ON. RETURNED TO GARAGE BUT THEY SAID IT WAS OK WHEN I LEFT AND THAT WAS THAT.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Upto now is the ABS lamp still showing up on the dash board?

Did they carry out any checks that you know of so to speak to rectify the problem? and i assume this wasn't a problem before the car went in?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No they didn't look at the car when I took it back. Before it went to the garage it was fine. Only had a service and mot at the end of October.Abs light is still on.

Hi..there thanks for getting back..

Ok..as you maybe be aware the ABS system "anti lock brakes" is part of the braking system on the car..usually if or when the abs light comes on or stays on so to speak then it mean the abs has developed a fault either with one of the sensor(s) located on each wheel/trigger rings /wiring - abs modulator itself..ideally the only best way to find out fully which part of the system has developed a fault it will need to be monitored using a suitable diagnostic machine which the dealer will obviously have.to pin point the fault..If this wasn't a failure before the car went in then its likely the work done recall has caused the problem.you really need to really insist they check this fully as above,even if you have to go higher. if, as a result your ABS failure the warning lights show an incorrect indication as per staying on, then that will result in an MOT failure.something you would need to bear in mind