Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Audi TT Quattro 3.2 V6: I have a UK car, RHD/left hand traffic,

Customer Question

I have a UK car, RHD/left hand traffic, but am moving to Germany and will be classed as a permanent resident so need to change lights to suit European continental law. I need to switch out reverse light and replace with LH rear fog (split cable running from RH fog light - is this possible/cheapest as I dont want to buy two new rearlights).

If xenon headlights can be moved to throw beam to right, opposite of UK MOT via VCS/VAGCOM, ill do that or replace light HOWEVER Audi OEM are far too expensive - Audi quoted \\£3200 for all parts and labour ! For a car worth £6000.

Can Xenon lights on 2003 AUDI TT Quattro 3.2 V6 be moved with VCS/VAGCOM to thro light to the right ? Current part is 8N0 941 003 BD / 8N0 941 004 BD.

Can I replace Xenon light assembly with halogen ? Eg can they be replaced with 8N0 941 003 BE / 8N0 941 004 BE for right hand traffic/LHD ? Audi wants me to fit 8N0 941 003 BM/8N0 941 004 BM AND ALSO get new ECUs.

If not, can I retro fit lights such as FX Automotive / dayline - what pin assembly do I need ?

All advice would be really helpful as I dont want to be forced to sell car. Thanks.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.

Name is XXXXX XXXXX i will assist you the best i can, please Only accept if you are happy with my answer.

Depending where you go i may be able to help ,Where in Germany are you moving to .

As i lived and worked in Germany for many years in a good repair shop and TUV inspections that will and can help you with this issue .

And I'm sure for a lot cheaper than what you have been quoted .

Greg

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am going to Elmpt. Im not paying OEM price for parts. Either pre-owned or aftermarket fx automotive/dectane/jom etc.

Car has factory fitted xenon but im happy to put in halogens for two years.

What is your quote? Roger headlights wants 800euros and headlamp.com 1300euros for all parts and labour. These are laughable prices and it wont get done there.

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi Rob .

Your about two hrs away from the assistance i can give you from my old shop ,

Sorry Rob can't help you, been away from Audi and VW parts for over 20 years
in Germany this is why i wanted to get you in touch with them .

Click here for info

Regards Greg