Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer - master tech., SAE member
30385560

Mercedes-Benz W210.E220 cdi: My car is a w210 e220 cdi 02 reg.It

My car is a w210 e220 cdi 02 reg.It was involved in an accident hit from behind. I bought and repaired it. When I got it back on the road it was in limp mode all the time IE obvious
power cut at 3000 revs. Apart from a feeling of slightly high tickover making the car pull off when a gear is selected the car pulls away and changes gear smoothly and a little too early making all the changes by thirty mph then accelerating to seventy slowly and smoothly. No warings appear on the dash and it seems as though it would go on for ever like this. Everything else is functioning O K. The battery did go completely flat while standing but charged up and now appears first class.Does all this make sense to anyone please my life eighty one now was devoted to non electronic vehicles.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am still waiting.

Hello and Welcome!
I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry.
Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.

My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.

There are dozens of components (sensors, actuators, wirings control modules) that would cause this. The most common problem on this model causing such symptoms would be an Intake manifold air control actuator linkage broken.
However, and as there are many components involved (electronics as you say), the best way to tackle this would be hooking a diagnostics computer (scan tool) on to the vehicle, monitoring the live data, while vehicle is taken for a test run. This should identify whether the fault is with the EGR, intake system, diesel injection etc...so you proceed accordingly. This will prove to be the most efficient way through this.
You can get back to me with the fault codes you get, or with the readings, and i can explain those if needed.
PS: i would make sure the engine oil and filter are good (quality and quantity), as these can cause such a power cut at 3000, as the variable valve timing actuator will not be able to operate.
Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more info...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/
And do not forget to check out the other categories (health, law, taxes, vet, etc...)
Regards,
Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience: Trainer - master tech., SAE member