i have a citroen c8 diesal car. it is manual .i tried to turn on the engine but it is just silent with a ticking noise in the background. is it the alternator?also how can i get it started?
Country: United KingdomMake: CitroenModel: c8Year: 2004Engine: diesel
jump start and turn ignition
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
I would appreciate some further info:
is the engine turning, or you just get a ticking noise when you try to start?
- do you have any warning lights or other symptoms?
I would appreciate if you would give the details, so we can sort this accurately (i will list the questions again):
- is the engine turning, or you just get a ticking noise when you try to start?
Hello Sir, you were unable to rate my answer, as i had not answerred yet.
I think the most likely reason for your failure would be a drained battery (or loose, dirty cables), and a jumpstart from another battery would confirm this. If, however, you have a different issue, or need further info, just reply to my questions, so i can provide the most accurate answer accordingly.
Sir, you have rated a bad service. What more info or assistance would you like? As i am here to provide the best assistance possible, and get rated accordingly.
Kindly provide me with more details, so i can assist you best with your problem:
- is the starter operating (engine turning), or you just get a ticking noise)?
- is the ticking noise coming from the engine bay, or from the passenger compartment?
- do you have any other warning lights or symptoms (antitheft, alarm, etc..)?