Mike , UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

peugeot: keeps blowing the 20a starter fuse..happened twice

My peugeot 307 keeps blowing the 20A starter fuse, its happened twice in 10 days
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

You need to carefully check / inspect the cabling that runs from that fuse and right down through to the starter motor.

Often times you see an area that has chaffed - worn through on the cable insulation somewhere and with movement of the engine on cranking , that touches to ground and blows the fuse...

If there is nothing like that at all on inspection, then the stater motor is intermittently faulty - causing too much amps draw and blowing the fuse - a replacement starter motor will be needed then to cure that issue.

I'm very pleased to have helped you... let me know if I can help anymore...

Meantime >>> Please click the " Smiley button" for me Now - Thank You ...

Please note , you need to press the Smiley Accept button even if you are a subscriber to justanswer - thank you .

Kind Rgds - MIKE