Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

How do you change the brake light switch on a Citroen Xsara

How do you change the brake light switch on a Citroen Xsara Picasso (2001)? I've got the part and want to have a go at fixing it myself but can't even find reliable information on where the switch is located!
Name is XXXXX XXXXX i will assist you the best i can, please Only accept if you are happy with my answer.

Look under the front dash at the brake pedal and follow it up to the fixed point there you will see the brake switch on a bracket held up against the brake pedal .

Very simula to this one (not your model )

Need further assistance then please let me know.

Regards Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That's great, thank you- assuming I can find it can you advise on how it is changed? like can I access it without removing bits of panels...?
Once you find it all you have to do is disconnect the plug and screw out the nut and pull out the holder .

Then replace the new one , fit just as the old one is fitted with the same amount of play.

If you notice the brake lights are on at all times adjust it by moving it further inwards towards the stop plate ,

You may find yours may be just a clip in type where no adjustment is needed .

Then on one side there will be a black clip that has to be pulled down wards and then the switch just slides out , replace in the same hole and push in the clip, connect the cable and check your brakes

Need further assistance then as said please get back to me.

Regards Greg