Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Mercedes-Benz Vito CD 111: Mercedes Vito Van (2006, central

Mercedes Vito Van (2006, central locking only): I want to find a 12v signal, to arm/disarm my after market alarm system. Where in the engine comp can I get/what colour of wire should I use.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am indeed still waiting. After about half an hour the question was indicated as open to everyone However 18 hours is not so long and I suppose everyone is out at work. Part of the problem might be that it is actually a Mercedes Van and not a car so people in a car garage may not be so familiar.
SA
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 2 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ta.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome back to justanswer..

Im sorry to see you have had a wait on your question with this one..

You can take a direct pos feed from the battery + terminal - if you want a direct feed...I assume the system you have bought has a in line fuse in the feed wire - they usually do - If not...fit one to be safe...

To be perfectly honest, that really is the best way ..best place to take it on a modern vehicle such as your Vito - as piggy backing into a circuit wire can cause problems with the electronic systems... Im not saying it will - but I have seen it before..so really, that is the best choice -just attach it to the terminal block on the battery +.

Im very pleased to have helped you -Let me know if I can help anymore...

Please click the "Accept button" for me now - Thank You ...

Please note , you need to press the Accept button even if you are a subscriber to justanswer - thank you again.

Kind Rgds - MIKE

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well thanks for the candidness, however can't really do that because that leaves the alarm armed all the time and will trigger on me driving the vehicle. I suppose what I am looking for is a signal voltage/absence of a voltage when I've clicked the remote and door locks go down?

BTW Where might I get a a wiring schedules for the Vito. Are there any Haynes manuals for it yet!
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again - Thank you for your reply / info..

I dont know / didnt know what sort of system you have bought see.... some need a perm pos supply - which you can take from the battery as above - and others need a switched supply (ign )

You just said you "want a 12 v signal to arm / disarm"...so I thought you needed a perm pos feed...

If you want a switched one then - then the best is to take it off the back of the ignition - or fuse box.. All you need to do is use a 12 tester - probed onto the ign wires- Ign on...so it will be live ... then switch off ...when the tester goes off , you know you have a 12v switched feed you can use.

Thats the best way without a diagram - which, as you say, are hard to come by... I dont believe Haynes do them - I know you can get them via MB - but they are expensive! I would just use a 12v tester and trace a feed as above and that will have it done for you....

I hope that helps you further... The other thing as a tip maybe, is to ask the suppliers of the Kit - very often they have diagrams of vehilces to help..... just a thought..

Best Rgds - MIKE..

Please don't forget the "Accept button" for me now - Thank You ...

Kind Rgds - MIKE

Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi as it happens its a bespoke GSM dialer to catch the bu@@ers in the act so no documentation for a Vito. I was kind of hoping to avoid knifing and forking the connections cos some can be pretty tight and concealed. However thanks for the time.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
.. Thank you for your reply...

I hope I have helped you to some extent anyway - You are very welcome..and I hope all goes ok for you...

Best Rgds , MIKE..
Mike, UK Car Mechanic