Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Volkswagen polo classic 2002: Volkswagen Polo Classic 2002

Volkswagen Polo Classic 2002 Model
Indicators have stopped working no problem with emergency flashers
Could problem be on steering wheel (indicator arm)
Where is flasher unit located, I suspect on the plastic triangle for emergency flasherws
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

When you say ... "changing the unit of the emergency flashers.... "... what exactly have you replaced there ??

How did this problem come about ?

Rgds, MIKE........................................

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Good day Mike

The problem started a while back on its own accord, the indicators stopped working.

The replacement was the hazard switch.There is no prolem with this unit.Is there any other unit that controls the indicators and where is it located on the vehicle such as an indicator flasher unit.?

Could there be a problem with the indicator arm?

Do you perhaps have a wiring diagram to assist?

Regards

Mel

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi again, thank you for your reply / info..

Ok as the hazards are working, its not a relay unit fault..

The typical faults that occur with these when this happens ( apart from a fuse which you have checked ) is either a fault with the column switch or wires / connections to it..or, a fault with the multifunction control module. I strongly suspect the latter is your problem but of course you can use a meter to check the column switch and should so so... thats easily done, it sounds like you can do that ..

If its proven no problems there, then Im afraid your next step needs to be a plug in diagnostic test - because the Mfu as above..is not something you can deal with on your own, it needs diagnostic equipment...

Im assuming this has not has a different radio fitted prior to this happening... this can cause odd electrical faults such as this.. so if so.. that would need to be checked.. Other than that , your way forward is as above on this one now..

Im very pleased to have helped you - Let me know if you need anything else.

Please click the Accept button for me now - Thank You ...

Please note , you need to press the Accept button even if you are a subscriber to justanswer - thank you again.

Kind Rgds - MIKE
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Where is this multifunctional control module situated?

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi again.. thank you for your reply..

Its usually up under the dash but some were under the seats etc.. I cant be 100% sure and dont want to mislead you... what you need to do is contact the local VW dealer and give them the cars full VIN.. they will be able to tell you then off that on your exact build / vehicle.

Best Rgds - MIKE.

Please click the "Accept button" for me now - Thank You ...