Trevor
Trevor, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  NVQ 3, Modern Apprenticeship, MOT Tester, 15+ years experience diagnostic technician
15853224

Van..wipers..the indicators stop working and the head lights come on

Electrical problem:
I have a Citroen Berlingo van. It seems that when it is raining or wet the wipers go from continuous on to intermittant on, the indicators stop working and the head lights come on. Frequently the van will not start if it is in one of these 'modes'.
I suspect there is a short somewhere - Any thoughts please??

Hi

Welcome to Just Answer

It sounds as though you have a BCM problem.

The BCM (body Control Module) controls items such as lighting, wash/wipe, heater, alarm, immobiliser etc, and is like a central computer.

Usually when the malfunction, it is a sign that they need to be replaced, however sometimes they can be reprogrammed, in either case it will need to go to a specialist, as a replacement will need to be reprogrammed using specialist software.

Most good auto electrical specialists should be able to help, and will have the required software.

Hope this helps, if you need more info, please let me know.

Regards

Trev