Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Peugeot: The emission control system warning light has come..reg

The 'emission control system warning light' has come on in our Peugeot 407 08 reg. We will find it difficult to have this properly attended to before we leave to drive from Salisbury to Scotland on Sunday and returning 48 hours later. Is this likely to be a problem or can we get this sorted on our return?
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

So long as the engine is running ok, then you can continue to drive it ...In fact, being the car it is, and especially if its a diesel, if you run the car / engine at a prolonged speed of 60 mph for a period of 10 miles / 20 mins or so - in 4th gear ...not 5th.. this will often clear the problem - Its a build up soot in the Dpf system - emission system in the filter in the exhaust system..

So do that in any event -and you may well find on a restart, that the light then goes out and stays out.

If it continues or comes on again, then you need to have a garage plug in diagnostic equipment to find out why the light / message is on - and then progress to a fix from there.. Again, so long as the engine is running ok and not running rough, you can have that done on your return.

Im very pleased to have helped you -

Please click the Accept button for me - Thank You ...and if you do need / wish to get back to me after - you can do so just by coming back to this post and use the Reply button - your reply will then come straight back to me .. and Im always happy to help further....

.Kind Rgds to you - MIKE.