Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Can you bypass the immobiliser system?

Customer Question

can you bypass the immobiliser system?
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
kia sportage immobiliser system, waiting for an answer
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

Im sorry to see you have not had an answer to the question you have as yet..

Im afraid the answer though to your question is no, this cant be done by any swapping / chopping of wires or putting wires here and there.. th system is totally electronic - tied into the vehilces Ecu - engine management computer.

Problems can arise with these with the chip in the key ( so try the spare to rule that out - or in!)... too - with the aerial / receiver for the signal - which is around the ign barrel -or wiring / connection problems in the system - or with the module itself..

After the key, you will need garage help to trace this down as it wil need diagnostic equipment connecting to the cars OBD socket to do this - Its not a diy task - it being the security system on the car ....

Im sorry thats not good news - but there is an electronic way of doing this - for this - click this link HERE - make contact with that company and they will talk you through - prices etc...

Im very pleased to have helped you -

Please click the Accept button for me - Thank You ...and if you do need / wish to get back to me after - you can do so just by coming back to this post and use the Reply button - your reply will then come straight back to me .. and Im always happy to help further....

.Kind Rgds to you - MIKE.