Mike , UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Citroen C3 citroen C3 intermiten power steering problems

citroen C3 intermiten power steering problems
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

Please describe the exact problems you are having - and also if you have done anything at all so far - and what?

Too - what is the cars mileage ?

Also - do you get a warning light on the dash of any sort when this occurs?

Please also give me the cars full reg number -

Rgds - MIKE......................................
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The steering becomes very heavy, impossible to drive. Can be reversed by switching the motor on and off The local garage put the car on the computor and found one relay was suspect but so far have not identified the relay in the motor.

50,000 miles

No warning light on the dash

WF53DYY
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again, thank you for your reply / info -

Im afriad this is not uncommon with this model - I just needed to verify things with you first to be sure we were on the right track.

Im afraid the rack will have to be replaced - it comes complete with its motor etc - parts are not available seperatly..

From Citroen they are , at last count, over 1200£... but if you give this number a call - thats, 0 1 6 3 4 6 8 7 22 2.. that is a company based in Kent who specialise in the supply and repair / reconditioning of these racks / systems.

They will supply you the unit complete as above and of course your local garage can fit it - they are not bad to fit.

So thats the answer to this one - Give that compant a call - I can recommend them for both good service and price -and they will give you a full warranty too.

Im very pleased to have helped you -

Please click the Accept button for me now - Thank You ...and if you do need / wish to get back to me after - you can do so just by coming back to this post and use the Reply button - your reply will then come straight back to me .. and Im always happy to help further....

.Kind Rgds to you - MIKE.