Billy
Billy , Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer - master tech., SAE member
30385560

1998 XK8: convertible..warning light..Power Steering reservoi( Front

1998 XK8 convertible ,low brake fluid warning light showing ,, have bought Dot 4 , were is brake fluid reservoir??? ( have no hand book)
Also Power Steering reservoi( Front near right hand side) needs topping up with fluid , What fluid do i use ???
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Billy replied 4 years ago.

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if further info is needed.

Billy :

This is the brake reservoir (on top of master cylinder and servo):

Billy :

And dot 4 fluid is good for these brakes,

Billy :

Top up to the max..........but check for any leaks.....and then check if the brake pads are worn.....as if brake pads are worn requiring replacement, the brake fluid level will drop.....

Billy :

As for the power steering fluid, you should use Dexron III ATF (automatic transmission fluid)

Customer:

yes spoted it ,,it was under cover ,, Can I use same fluid for power steering ???

Customer:

Oky Not used to this media Just spotted your advice on fluuid for power steering Thanks FROGG

Billy :

no

Customer:

Thanks again Billy

Billy :

ok

Billy :

Please remember to ACCEPT so i get credited for my work...

Customer:

just done that ,,, OKY ???

Billy :

Thank you........kindly hit the ACCEPT button (if answer was satisfactory), so i get credited for my time.......

Billy :

Thank you for trusting JA and myself.......get back to me if further info is needed.....positive feedback and bonuses appreciated...

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/