vauxdoc
vauxdoc , vauxhall master tech
Experience:  over 25 years from viva to vectra
10908802

Vauxhall zafira the central locking on my vauxhall zafira

the central locking on my vauxhall zafira is not working properly, when i press the button on remote to lock, all doors lock except the front passenger door which shoots back up, also the tailgate doesn't lock then when i press the unlock button on remote nothing happens
Category: UK Car
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, Can you tell me if the tailgate opens OK and is the locking fault the same with the spare key ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes the tailgate opens normally, although when i try to lock it with the key the problem with the passenger door happens again

also the fault still occurs with the spare key.

Expert:  vauxdoc replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for that, the tailgate lock cylinder key slot should be left in the horizontal position in order for the CDL (central door locking ) to operate it, when you use the key in it it has an internal switch that also operates the CDL and when working properly will lock/unlock the CDL.

As for the front passenger door jumping up and down this will be a separate issue, when this happens the CDL control unit thinks that the door is ajar and immediately unlocks it, this will be because the door locks internal switch has failed, this means that the lock assembly will need to be replaced, there are no serviceable internal parts available.

In either case this lock will need changing in order for the CDL to operate correctly.

I hope this helps, best regards, Vauxdoc