martin jones
martin jones, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  25 years as a mechanic and mot tester, owned own business for 10 years city and guilds trained
20682938

Ive put water in the coolant reservoir and I think I have

Customer Question

I've put water in the coolant reservoir and I think I have filled it too much. Will this damage my car in any way if I drive ot tomorrow?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  martin jones replied 5 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JA.com, i will try to assist you with your problem,in a word, no it wont, but make sure that it is not topped up full, as this coolant needs to expand as your engine heats up, if you can try removing some by either siphoning or removing a hose to let some out, hope this helps, kindest regards martin.
martin jones, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: 25 years as a mechanic and mot tester, owned own business for 10 years city and guilds trained