Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

vauxhall how do i fix water leak in drivers footwell on 2006

how do i fix water leak in drivers footwell on 2006 vauxhall tigra 1.8 ? where do i look,as carpets soaking wet??
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

The usual and common problem on this model that will allow water to get in is from the plenum chamber - the area under the windscreen , where the battery is.

Check the drain holes - they get clogged and water builds and finds its way in...

So cure that if thats the problem - If not, remove the pollen filter and check in there..

You will often find it wet in or around the outer of there -

The pollen filter housing often needs to be removed to replace the seal under neath it - but check the other areas first...just in case its simply blocked drains before doing all that.

Again - common issue on this model Im afraid - the problem will be there , one or the other as above..

I'm very pleased to have helped you - but do ask me if you need anything more..

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Had to put the car into dealers who found the leak is coming through the speaker on drivers door and on to the footwell .Not from what you suggested.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hello again,

Thank you for letting me know.

Its a shame you didnt let me know how you were progressing though rather than coming back a well later - I could have advised you as to where to look further if the common fault areas were not the case...as in your case.

Rgds - MIKE.