Ask an UK Car Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if further info is needed.
I will first include a picture of all the parts in your door's trim panel, so you get how all the parts are fitted, and you remove successfully.............however, make sure you are very careful as the plastics are very fragile....
click here for details
This document includes all the parts, and the bolts and screws and clippers' locations.........
After removing, i would first check the following in your case:
- check the wiring connectors, make sure all is tight, and clean contacts....
- check and lube the window rails, as these might be causing the issue
- check for any broken mechanism (although that is unlikely)
Thank you for trusting JA and myself!
PS: get back to me if further info is needed.....
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX still not sure how to get panel off when screws are out, Stan
Once the screws and clippers are out.....
You proceed as following:
- remove the speaker and respective trim
- remove the trim where all the switches and buttons are located
- remove the central standalone trim
- then the remaining trim should slide up to be completely removed..........make sure you disconnect the door latch cable and all the connectors, before removing, or else these might be damaged.
Just going out to try as directed
Billy how long can I keep this chat open its going to get dark soon so will have to continue work 2morrow or do I have a way to open up again
You may get back to this chatroom whenever you need: come to www.justanswer.com, log in, click on the "my questions" tab in the upper right hand corner.......click on this question, and you will be back here.
Thanks for all your help, I am not finished yet but thr darkness got to me first and I had to find secure overnight parking.