Billy
Billy , Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer - master tech., SAE member
30385560

Vauxhall zafira p242f (p/filter diff pressure sendor malfunction)

p242f (p/filter diff pressure sendor malfunction) plus p2279 fault codes on my Vauxhall Zafira 1.9 cdti 150 bhp. Lat regen 340 km ago. Car is now in limp mode. any ideas?

cheers

Will
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Billy replied 5 years ago.

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if further info is needed.

Billy :

Having these codes i would proceed as following:

Billy :

- check the air induction system (that would include all intake air hoses and pipes), for any leaks, detached hose, or even a disconnected one......

Billy :

To check thoroughly, you may spray around these hoses and pipes (especially on connection points) using easy start fluid, while engine is on, and if the engine speed changes (and sound too), you have found your leaky point....

Billy :

Check the vacuum pipes, (ones connected to air intake system as well)

Billy :

Remove the air filter element, and make sure it is not clogged.....

Billy :

Take a thorough look at the air intake ports as well (lines, pipes and hoses), and make sure none is clogged)

Billy :

The intake system leak check would include the turbocharger, and the air cooler.......

Billy :

check the boost solenoid valves, for any leaks as well.......

Billy :

Any of the above, would cause these codes.......

Billy :

Cheers Will,

Billy :

Billy

Customer:

thanks billy,

Billy :

Thank you for trusting JA and myself...........hope you get the culprit on the first go....

Customer:

I've read that you can do some damage by doing a forced regen, and that after checking all the points you mentioned it would be possible to take the dpf section of the exhaust off and clean it out with caustic soda, then do a regen with the plug in diagnostic.

Billy :

the forced regeneration would not necessarily cause damage......and the caustic soda clean is not very efficient...

Billy :

You may try forced regen using the scan tool (Tech II).......

Customer:

Regen it is then. Local garage have that tool and are very helpful and cautious. If its a full/blocked but otherwise functional dpf then a regen might do the job?

Customer:

thanks again for your help

Billy :

Good luck....

Billy :

Again, Thank you for trusting JA and myself!!

Billy :

Regards,

Billy :

Billy