JACUSTOMER-bmwsx2qa-, Auto Body Repairer
Experience:  mitsubishi trained peugeot/kia diag tech experience with most japanese and european models

Keys..alarm went..the car by removing the battery..more problems

My remote keys no longer work after the alarm went off. If I reset the car by removing the battery would this help or cause more problems

hi there i am dean i currently work at peugeot and kia as diagnostic/master tech. i would be happy to assist you with your problems

If your locking remote is technically ok you can reset them.

what to do is put the key in the ignition but in the off position.

Hold in the button closest to the key blade and turn the ignition on at the same time

and hold for 10secs

hen remove key from the barrel

and check the lock and unlock

if it still does not work you will be looking at faulty plips

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi have already tried that and it didn't work. The message is getting car but the car has forgotten what to do with the message!! Any other advice

you could try disconnecting the battery then code them again.

If you are disconnecting the battery open the bonnet and shut all the doors and leave the car alone for 15mins to allow the bsi to shut down properly then disconnect and leave for 15mins and reconnect and code them again. If that doesnt work I would recommend getting the plips tested and a diagnostic check as there could be a fault with the receiver in the car.