Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

VW: CENTRAL LOCKING..T5..TRANSPORTER

CENTRAL LOCKING ON MY VW T5 TRANSPORTER IS NOT WORKING KEY BATTERY IS OK(CHECKED THAT)
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

I assume you have tried / fitted new batteries to both keys..

Have you tried the re synchronise procedure for the system?

Have you had any other tests / checks etc done?

Rgds, MIKE....................................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
HOW DO I , re synchronise procedure for the system?
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again...

Thats what I was asking - whether you have tried that or not...I assume you havn't then - so I will give you the procedure..

You need to carry out exactly as-is or it wont work anyway...

So - here is the procedure:

Insert the key into the ign switch -

Within 5 secs... turn the Ign switch to ON...and then back to LOCK.

Then turn the ign switch to position ON...

Within 15 secs... manually lock the vehicle using a key - or the drivers door lock button.

Within 30 secs... Press the Key Lock or Un lock button twice ....

Then check that all works ok as it should.

IF not - then Im afraid there is a system fault and this then can only be identified and sorted out properly by having the vehicle plugged into a suitable diagnostic machine to trace the fault and sort out - a VW dealer machine or similar at a garage that is so equipped..

So work through as above - hopefully the re synchronizing will work - but if not - then its forward as above to get it sorted..

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you ...but do ask me if you need anything more...

Kind Rgds - MIKE...

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
THANKS i WILL TRY THAT
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
No problem at all - Im glad to have helped you ..

Im very pleased to have been able to help you - Please click the Accept button for me now - Thank you ...and if you do need / wish to get back to me on the subject again - you can do so , just come back to this post and re use the Reply button after. Your reply will then come back to me..

Best Rgds ... MIKE..
Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
that didnt work,
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again ..

Thank you for your reply...

As that hasn't worked - you now have to move on to doing as I mentioned next Im afraid.. as its obviously not a key / system synchronization fault -

Its either lost its programming or there is a system / component fault - which having the vehicle connected to a diagnostic machine as above, will get to the bottom of now..

Reprogramming - as in , its lost its programming is actually common on these -but they cannot be programmed other than with diagnostic equipment -

So thats the way forward on this one now to get it sorted...

All the very best with it -

Rgds - MIKE....