MB Paul
MB Paul, Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

HOW CAN I TELL IF A TRACKER HAS BEEN FITTED TO MY VAN. BASED

HOW CAN I TELL IF A TRACKER HAS BEEN FITTED TO MY VAN.
BASED IN THE UK IF IT MAKES ANY DIFFERENCE
Category: UK Car
Expert:  MB Paul replied 5 years ago.

MB Paul :

Hi, if a genuine Tracker has been fitted then it will be recorded at Tracker UK - if you contact them they should be able to tell you if this is the case from your VIN number & transfer over the tracker subscription if you would like. Contact details here: Tracker

MB Paul :

Best regards, Paul

Customer:

paul,

Customer:

Hi Paul,

Customer:

I did not explain clearly enough,there are rumours that trackers have been fitted to some of the vans where i work.Ijust want to known weather there is a way of telling if they have been fitted.Dont worry i do not want to remove,disable or bypass the tracker. i can not phone tracker uk and ask them if my boss has fitted one

Customer:

p.s the boss is also my ex-wife;any idea s

MB Paul :

Hi, ok! Well there are no obvious features that you will be able to see - trackers are designed to be installed so they are not easy to detect, usually tucked away behind the dash or under flooring or seats - so without stripping out the car to physically inspect it will be impossible to tell. Tracker installers are also made to vary the installation position as much as possible so its not possible to say that a specific vehicle will have the tracker installed in a certain place either!

MB Paul :

Best regards, Paul