Billy
Billy , Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer - master tech., SAE member
30385560

Suzuki Grand Vitara: master..indicator..ESP SYSTEM..servicing

Hi, My name isXXXXX and I recently purchased a Suzuki Grand Vitara 1.9 DDiS, unfortunately having problems. When the ignition is turned on,for the first time in the morning, the master warning indicator blinks, and the message "SERVICE ESP SYSTEM" is displayed. Is there any servicing that can be done to the ESP system ? Does this message mean that there could be something wrong with the ESP system or brakes ? The dealer has told me that suzuki are aware of this problem, and that it is in hand to be rectified. In other words, I have purchased a vehicle that even the manufacturer cannot put right yet! Can you please tell me when Suzuki became aware of this fault exactly .
I was also not told about the terrible 'pinking' noises from the engine when cold, I have heard since that this seems normal for the Renault engine, is this right ? Regards, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Billy replied 5 years ago.

Billy :

Hello John and welcome to JA!!!

Billy :

I'm Billy and i will answer your query.

Billy :

First the ESP:

Billy :

- the ESP warning light (service ESP system), is triggered since the ESP control module is detecting an error in the system. After that the warning should go off, and the ESP should function normally. There is a bulletin on this, and it suggests changing the ESP actuator assembly to fix this problem. You may check out the bulletin: http://suzukipitstopplus.com/Products/10239-ts-09-12090-grand-vitara-change-in-esp-actuator-assembly.aspx

Billy :

As for the renault F9Q engine you have:

Billy :

- It does sound a bit rough on cold starts, however, if the servicing (mainly oil and filter) is on regular intervals, and if you have no other engine problems, then you need not to worry about this.

Billy :

PS: you may get the link, talk to your dealer about it (the ESP).

Billy :

Regards,

Billy :

Billy