Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

The central locking locks and unlocks..doors..warning lights..worn

The central locking locks and unlocks while travelling on an irregular basis
The battery will drain if the windows and doors are set it does not drain if the windows and doors are not set (Just get warning lights starting and stopping)
The right and door front is unable to be set as the ratchet is worn at the top when the window is closed, although the window is closed
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer Uk Car...

If you have a fault with any of the door locks - or wiring to them... chaffing etc.. you will get the problems you describe...

WHat happens is - the locks "think" for want of a better word, that the system is in one position or the other - either because of a wiring issue - or a faulty lock - and it seems to the system ecu that the lock is either not locked properly or at least in the wrong position...so , the locks will cycle between lock / unlocking either all the time or spasmodically...

Its very possible that your fault is in the door... one thats common...being the most used door -and two... you mention the issue with the window ratchet.. Its possible that that may have damaged the wiring or it could just be coincidental... In any event - the drivers door is always the place to start looking for the fault...

Check the wiring first that comes from the vehicle body through to the door - peel back the tubing and check the wires - often you get a broken or semi broken / make / breaking wire that causes the problem there - Check all the door inc the tail gate... and then if there are no problems found there - you then need to remove the door panels, starting with the drivers door and trace teh fault down that way.

A LR diagnostic plugged in would trace the fault quickly -so you could choose to do that ...or manually trace it down as above and then fix what you find.

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - but do ask me if you need anything more..

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you mike,

Does this cause the battery to go flat when The windows and doors have been programmed (except the drivers door window) have been programmed?

Bernie

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I apprecaite the answer Mike, Does this also refer to the problems of the battery going flat (BCM drainage?) if I try setting the windows and doors?
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi again - Thank you for your reply/s..

The wiring and / or lock malfunctions have bearing on the BCM side of things re the battery drain. That is a known fault with these models - but a separate issue if you understand me..

If you have the fault with the locks which is apparent - then that in itself can drain the battery - because it very probably is happening / cycling the locks unbeknown to you when you are away from the vehicle or at might - ( this is common)

The programming of the windows etc wont have any bearing on this no - thats just "settings" if you like..

You could have the known BCM battery drain issue - but as you have the locks fault that you describe first - I would tend to that first and then go from there...

If you find no problems at all - then as mentioned - it would be time for a diagnostic test then which will pinpoint it ( or do that first if you decide - but its always worth checking out first I feel ) ...

I hope that all helps you further -

Best Rgds - MIKE....

Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.