Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

walkswagon touran hi my left hand side door wont open on my

hi my left hand side door wont open on my vw touran 56 plate wont even open from inside the car just clicking can u help i have even double clicked on my key fob but still wont open is it the motor could i get the door open and take the door panel off or not thanks vw touran sport 7 seater tdi 2.0
Submitted: 3 years ago via AskTheMechanic.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

This is not uncommon Im afraid on this door..

What tends to happen is the actuator from the electric solenoid - that works the lock, breaks - and hence, you hear it "working" - but its doing nothing..

Sometimes other things happen - but in any event - you have to remove the inner door panel from the inside - and then you have access to the mechanisms.. Its awkward , made more awkward to do this with the door closed - but it has to be done to progress with this..

Then - when you can see everything, you then operate the locks with the remote - and watch whats happening - or not happening..and you will then clearly see exactly what the fault is - and then be able to obtain the part / s you need , from a VW dealer parts dept., and be able to carry out the fix / repair..

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - but do ask me if you need anything more..

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.

Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks for your time and effort how do you get the door panel off when the door is locked can it be done and i cant see the screws or is it the covers thanks
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again....

As I mentioned - this is always more difficult with the door closed... Its a case of doing it however you can Im afraid...

Sometimes, the door panel does get damaged - a garage would ask you sign a disclaimer for this - because it may well need replacing depending on how bad it gets ! But it is the only way forward Im afraid - you just have to get it off best you can...

I hope that explains a little more for you ... Sorry If I wasn't clear before...

Best Rgds - MIKE..