Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

citroen c8: Ive got a citroen c8, engine immobiliser fault

I've got a citroen c8, engine immobiliser fault keeps coming up and shutting engine down, car won't restart for about 20 seconds then a bit further down the road it feels like the accelarator pedal has gone slack and it cuts out again. Drove the car from cold this seems to start after 20 mins of driving, any thoughts please?
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

As this is happening, this is an electronic fault usually with the main control computer for the security circuit..

Im afraid there isn't anything you can do on a DIY basis with this - the car has to be connected to a Citroen diagnostic machine to assess the fault and track it down.

Sometimes the unit can be sorted out with whats called a software update - but this can only be done as above too..

What you can try for now , is using a different key...sometimes, if the key is intermittently faulty it will cause troubles with the security system - so its worth a try just in case thats all it is - and in which case , a new transponder key will sort this out....

Other than that - you really have to do as above - Arrange to have it plugged on to the Citroen (or another suitable diagnostic machine at an equipped garage ) machine...and this will find the problem for sure and then it can be sorted from there...

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - but do ask me if you need anything more..

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.