Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Mitsubishi: L200..reg..4x4 light..in 2 wheel drive is this normal

Customer Question

Mitsubishi L200 52 reg has a constant blinking 4x4 light when inXXXXXis this normal
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hello and Welcome back to justanswer..

The 4x 4 light flashing in this way is a fault light .... this means the Ecu / tcm - has detected a fault..which a diagnostic test would find the reason for..

Flashing 4 x 4 lights often happen when the front differential automatic disconnect is not engaging or dis-engaging when you select / de select 4x4 drive.

Common causes for this are ...

Front differential sensor switch is damaged or faulty
Actuator rod/shaft jammed / seized (perhaps sand/mud/dirt)
Vacuum lines leak/popped off fittings
Vacuum solenoid valves / sensors ... There are two... either of which can or may be faulty ...

Lastly , in the "common cause list "...electrical wiring connection issue (ecu/solenoids/switch) ....or any combination of all the above .

This is all quite involved though and you do need to know exactly what you are doing etc when working to find the cause.. If you are unsure, I would recommend using a local 4 x 4 specialist - who will know what to do / look for as above and this will ultimately save you money letting someone like that find this for you as it shouldn't take them long at all - and often, its not a costly fix..

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - but do ask me if you need anything more..

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.