Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

The diesel fuel filter on a hdi 1.6 in a Citroen C4 picasso

how do i acess the diesel fuel filter on a hdi 1.6 in a Citroen C4 picasso to drain water change filter etc
Thanks XXXXX
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

If you look at the front of the engine - in the mid section - you will see a black cannister - with a screw top - about 4 " circumference or so - and on top there are three pipes and an electrical connector...

This is your fuel filter... You need to remove the pipes and the connector and unbolt the black housing - held by 10 mm bolts.. and remove the whole thing....

Its best to do that as it makes access easier and too - a tip is to buy and replace the whole filter and housing as one unit - unopened... This is because many problems can be experienced after with the seal on the top...

If you decide not to that however - its then a case of unscrewing the black securing ring - and lifting the filter out - drain and clean it - fit the new filter - and refit all...

The system is self bleeding so it will start up after several cranks -

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - but do ask me if you need anything more..

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.
Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.