Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Renault: me know where the relay for the Fuelpump is situated..espace

Please let me know where the relay for the Fuelpump is situated on a renault espace 2002 is situated thanks

Peter from cardiff
Category: UK Car
Expert:  martin jones replied 4 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JA.com, peter what size engine do you have, is it petrol or diesel, regards martin.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Engine size :2198cc Diesel
Hi i have just looked at my auto data disc and your fuel lift pump relay is relay number 5, hope this helps, what problem are you having Peter,

If my answer was helpful please press accept and leave feedback as this is how i get paid, kind regards martin.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear Martin i wish to know WEHRE the relay is situated

Thanks: Peter!

Hi thanks for that, according to my picture it is located in the footwell, does not say which footwell though, would you like a picture of the layout, kind regards martin.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If you can give me a picture iwould be verry greadfull

Peter!

Hi give me 2 mins and i will put it up for you, martin.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
<p>Dear martin</p><p>I belive we having the wrong Car, it is a renault espace 2002 model ,2188 cc ..</p><p>inline Fuel pump (DIESEL dCi).I shekt the Fuel Pump with an external power supply and found the pump is running only intermittendly , so i fitted a new pump and it is not running at all,with an extelnal power supply it is ok,now i wish to know the situation of the feeding Relay, and the coresponding Fuse,all i need to know is the precise location of the relay  and the location of the Fuse feeding the relay</p><p> </p><p>manny thanks Peter from Cardiff!</p>
Hi thanks for that, that picture is the only one listed for a 2.2 2002 Renault espace diesel, i have gone forward and backwards on years just in case it was on a change over, i will opt out and let another expert try and help, kind regards martin.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello , my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will endeavor to help you.

I will give you a picture of the location of the fuel pump relay for your vehicle below .

Click to open -

This fuse / relay box - and relay is in the ENGINE BAY.

Register Here

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

please bear with me for a wile i ammaking several photografs of the relay boxes,so jou know witch type applys to my car,

menny thanks for wayting "Peter"

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

please bear with me for a wile i am making several photografs of the relay boxes,so jou know witch type applys to my car,

menny thanks for wayting "Peter"

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again - This is MIKE who just answered you ...

Thats fine - I will do that -

Best Rgds - MIKE...
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
HI again,

This is MIKE...

Just to let you know that this post will automatically close / time out shortly - but it doesn't matter -

Just use the Reply button to let me have your pics - and I will get the reply no problem.

Kind Rgds - MIKE...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Register Here

Register Here
these are the two fuseboxes in the renault espace year 2001
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello - this is MIKE.

You have listed this question 5 times in total - I was awaiting your loading photos as you said you would some days ago.

I have told you and given you an image showing where the relay should be already...but was waiting for your pictures.

I see you have tried sending them to me but you havn't uploaded them properly.

You need to use the icon to the left of the YouTube icon - and load them that way.

Once again - please stick to this question - do not open up several questions on the same subject. Duplicates are not allowed and will be closed.

Again - if you refer to the above , scroll up the page, you will see the image I sent you showing the location.

If you want to re load your pics for me you can - but the image above shows its location...

Rgds - MIKE

Edited by Mike on 9/16/2010 at 12:39 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear XXXXX please let me explain my predicament i have discriped my trouble ( 5 ) times because i,v been passed from pillar to post (Danny,John,Martin jones,Jettadan1,plus yourself and every time i had to repead the trouble i'm having,hence it is not intentional ..I want to pay for your service but i havend got anywhere .the picture you send me is for a completly different car .My picturs ? I"m having extremly dificulty with uploading my pictures to you ,please help with your e-mail address ,allthe expert i mentioned only passed me on to oneanother.

very mach appriceated " peter " from Cardiff

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again Peter -

To just explain - duplicate posts are not allowed on the site and other experts shouldn't answer a duplicate - they should be closed - and this is to protect you from duplicate and sometimes conflicting information and to save you being charged more than once..

This post here is the first question you listed. Martin answered but couldn't carry on so Opted Out - which he is allowed to do - I then took over...and answered you giving the info that I did.

You then replied to me asking me to wait while you were going to upload some pics -

I was therefore waiting for you to do that - and then you opened up four more posts... and for the reasons above, they have to be closed and we stick with this here - unless I choose to opt out - or you do...

So , I hope that explains all - What I want to do now is help you .. Im afraid I can't give you my email address, that is against the rules of justanswer....so we need to carry on here..

Now- so that I can help you further - I will send you another drawing of another type of fuse / relay box that these vehilces have ...

Click the image below - and on this model - it is relay no. 5.

This is the Engine Bay fuse / relay box....

Register Here

Now- that should be the one for you ....but let me know either way if you need more help tracing it...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hallo Mike these is peter from cardiff the picture you send me is completly different ,unless there is a way to show you my picture there is no way to continue our attempts to locate the relay or the fuse for the fuel pump in these espace.

thank you for your effort .

thanks " peter "

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again Peter...

Unless you have given me the wrong details for the Espace in question - the relay box has to be one or the other as I have sent you -- there are only, the two different types.

If you have given the correct vehicle details, then it has to be one or the other.

If you still struggle - I can only suggest that you contact a local Renault dealer for further help..

Kind Rgds - MIKE..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi mike is there any other way to show you my pictures ? ? .the details are ,first reg.01 06 2001

Model/type Espace Expression DCI

Version:JEOKO5

Estade Diesel

CYLINDER cc 21898cc

Engine numb.CO30322

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again Peter -

Peter - to upload your pics into here - click the icon to the left of the YouTube icon - Then... click on "browse"...

Then, another box will open - click on "browse" in that box..

Then - upload your pic - into that box - and click OK..

Then - give it time it will transfer the file to the fist box but it can be a little slow..

Then - when the file has transferred to the first box ... click OK....

And the pics will then upload - into the answer pane - and you can then click Send.

I will be able to see them then....

Just don't rush it, thats the secret ... make sure you give the files you have uploaded, time to transfer to the boxes...

Kind Rgds, MIKE...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again Peter ...

Ok , you managed it ! good.

Right - the fuel pump relay is... looking at your first pic - the first grey coloured relay - the first small thin one - next to the square yellow one.

I have re done your first pic.... and marked clearly which one it is ....

Register Here

Kind Rgds, MIKE

Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

HI Mike at last ,you did not know these Type of ESPACE ? i, will accept thank you perhaps you can point out the fuse aswell???

"Peter from Cardiff"

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again...

Yes I did / do know this Espace - the relay is actually the one I said it was in the first place - but it can be difficult sometimes to tie in / identify from drawings...

As for the fuse - I dont see one listed at all - that doesn't mean to say there isn't one - but if you can't find it in the owners manual or repair manual , it will be a case of asking Renault on that one as I can't see one anywhere for it...

Kind Rgds, MIKE.