Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Change my Audi Q7 Xenon headbeams from LHD to RHD and vice versa?

Customer Question

How can I change my Audi Q7 Xenon headbeams from LHD to RHD and vice versa?

Thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  martin jones replied 4 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JA.com, i take it you are going to use the vehicle abroad, you have 2 options here, first purchase a set of headlights which have a right cut out on them, or the easiest way is to buy a pair of beam benders from halfords or the like they are very cheap and easy to fit, this way you can drive abroad, these beam benders basically cancel out the cut out to a flat line, so makes them legal, hope this helps,

If my answer was helpful please press accept and leave feedback as this is how i get paid, kind regards martin.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your answer, but that is not the answer that I was looking for. Would have been an easy 22 quid...

It is stated in the Audi Q7's owner's book that a simple manipulation of the xenon healdights allows for the change of direction of the beam from LHD to RHD and vice-versa. Without having to recourse to beambenders or another set of headlights. Can you please elaborate if you know what needs to be done.

Hi there according to my data disc, this model and year, function is changed at the dealer with test gear, some models also have a lever on headlights to change angle, please let me know if you have a lever and i will try to advise, regards martin.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can you please let me know where the lever should be and I will check.
Hi there, it should be according to my ref, either on top of headlight or on back, as i said some models do have to be dealer configured using VAG COM, so bear this in mind if you cant find it, regards martin.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Understood - I will check this tomorrow and circle back to you.
Hi ok i will await your reply, kind regards martin.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dear Martin, there are no levers on the headlamps. Do you agree that you have not been able to answer my question?
Hi there sorry i could not help further, i will opt out and let another expert try to help, kind regards martin.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello , My name is MIKE....

Im afraid the info you were given is not correct for your model. It would have been correct if it were an earlier model - but yours is an 08.

As such, your headlamps have to be adjusted using dealer or dealer equipment, electronic equipment that is plugged into the vehicles' diagnostic socket.

This then connects through to the relevant computer and under the "Tourist Settings" - adaption 010 , they then adjust the settings in the computer -which in turn adjusts the headlamp aim.

Some garages have this equipment - certainly main dealer do and will do this for you for a set charge - and then of course you have to have it done again on your return..

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So the answer to my question is NO, there is no way I can adjust the headlamps from LHD to RHD myself...
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply ....

That is the botXXXXX XXXXXne yes - but I thought you would appreciate full info as you had inadvertently been told incorrect info from someone else prior...

If you need anything else let me know -

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you Mike.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi..

Thats no problem - Im glad to have been able to help you -

Please don't forget to press the Accept button for me on this reply as thats how I get credited for my time etc..Thank You - and you are Welcome back anytime -

Kind Rgds - MIKE..